WHY WE EXIST
C3 exists to make disciples who are being changed by the beauty of Jesus in everyday life.
- Make disciples – We are here to help you
- Being changed – All of us are in process
- The beauty of Jesus – True change begins with the heart
- Everyday life – Giving our whole selves to God is the key to joy, power, and purpose
We want to give away the beauty of Jesus to the heart of Denton
- Welcoming the skeptic with gentleness, humility, and truth
- Inviting the exhausted into a genuine experience of God’s grace
- Being a unified family to a divided and lonely world
- Doing justice by being the body for those who have nobody
WHAT WE BELIEVE
C3 Denton is a Christian, evangelical, reformed, Baptist church.
- We are Christian, affirming with Christians everywhere and for most of the church’s history the Apostles Creed
- We are evangelical, characterized by 1. passion for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, 2. deep commitment to the Bible, 3. urgency to preach the Gospel to those who haven’t heard it, 4. desire for personal holiness, and 5. a love for the local church.
- We are reformed, emphasizing the sovereignty of God in saving sinners and the work of the Holy Spirit for life and ministry.
- We are Baptist, holding to the autonomy of the local church and working in friendly cooperation with other like minded churches.
See our full doctrinal statement here
WHAT WE WANT TO BE KNOWN FOR
- Equipping the saints
- Discipling families
- Healing brokenness
- Living as missionaries
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Strong Gospel-centered preaching; robust equipping classes; a solid biblical world view
- Healthy relationships; meaningful friendships; engaged families
- Serving those who’ve experienced foster care and adoption; standing against injustice; helping the homeless
- Planting and supporting local churches; serving our community; supporting international missions